Farrier’s Insurance Policy
The AmRisk Farrier Insurance policy is designed to respond to the specific needs of a professional farrier. Legal cases and lawsuits are more prevalent as technology, and information increases to identify the cause of laminitis, lameness, improper hoof angles and/or using pads improperly, more horse owners are likely to point the finger at the farrier when things go wrong. This plan gives you the ability to buy broad property and liability coverage at preferred rates. The Farrier Insurance Policy guarantees better service and more coverage for the insurance dollar than any other program.
A 10% liability credit is available if you are a member of an accredited professional association
- General liability limits – $500,000 occurrence
- Care, custody and control – $10,000/$50,000
- Transportable equipment – $2,500
- Minimum premium (all states, except NY): $600
- Minimum premium (NY only): $525
- General liability limits – $1,000,000
- Care, custody and control – $25,000/$100,000
- Transportable equipment – $5,000
- Minimum premium (all states, except NY): $725
- Minimum premium (NY only): $675
- General liability limits – $300,000 occurrence/$900,000 aggregate
- Care, custody and control – $5,000/$25,000
- Transportable equipment – $1,000
- Minimum premium (all states, except NY): $450
- Minimum premium (NY only): $400
Care, Custody & Control/Legal Liability provides coverage arising from applicant’s negligence resulting in injury to or death of horses applicant does not own in the applicant’s care, custody and control as a result of the applicant’s negligence as a Farrier. Coverage includes cost to defend any suit alleging injury or death. This cannot be restricted by contractual or hold harmless agreements. Settlements are based on actual cash value at time of loss. Please read wording in policy coverage form.
Transportable equipment coverage provides protection for loss or damage to your transportable inventory of horse shoes, tools and supplies that are used in connection with your farrier practice.
Ready to get a quote for your insurance?
We can provide a customized package policy for your farrier business. Coverage includes conducting business on and off premises, and inland marine coverage for transportable equipment.